10 Ways to Bring Chatbots into your Digital Strategy
Chatbots have been around for quite some time, but their technology has gotten better with advances in artificial intelligence (AI). In fact, it’s possible for chatbots to interact with customers in ways that increasingly mimic human-to-human interaction.
Rolled out the right way, chatbots can energize your digital strategy by offering recommendations, facilitating purchase decisions, responding to customer queries, and collecting analytics. To help you get started with your own chatbot, we’re bringing you 10 ways to incorporate chatbots into your digital strategy.
- Sales Representatives: While chatbots are useful for answering customer queries, you can go a step further by using them as sales representatives. Hiring people to handle your sales functions is very expensive, especially if you’re wanting to provide round-the-clock services. Chatbots can interact with customers and provide recommendations based on feedback. The bots can also help move customers down the funnel from initial query to purchasing decision.
- Company-Customer Engagement: Chatbots help improve the customer experience courtesy of increasing engagement and building a two-way street that bolsters brand loyalty. If you’re preparing to roll out a new product or service, chatbots are perfect to build interest by responding to questions, providing unique insights, and suggesting options.
- Analyze Customer Insights: Using chatbots as part of your digital strategy can help obtain and assess customer insights that provide invaluable business intelligence. For instance, you can look at buying patterns, how much certain demographics spend, favored products, popular questions, and more.
- Greet Customers: In brick-and-mortar stores, a friendly greeter sometimes makes all the difference in turning inquirers into buyers. And it’s no different with an online storefront. Chatbots can serve as greeters so customers feel their patronage is valued. You can arrange chatbots to greet customers by welcoming them to your site, asking them if they require any assistance, and offering them help.
- Personalized Advertisements: Chatbots can collect customer information to offer advertisements that are specific to consumer likes and wants. Personalized ads are far more effective at promoting customer purchases than non-personalized ads.
- Website Feedback: You can use chatbots to solicit feedback from customers who visit your website. For instance, if you find that many customers visit your landing page but don’t actually end up purchasing anything, chatbots can collect information to find out what’s going on.
- Push Content: Chatbots can push your content. For example, you can engage customers and link back to articles, blogs, and promotional material. It’s useful to direct consumers to content in-line with their interests and let your chatbot collect information from them to help push more content.
- Social Media Tie-In: Facebook has taken steps to turn its Messenger program into a home for third-party brand’s chatbots. Capitalizing on this sort of innovation can allow your business to generate more social media engagement and bolster sales.
- Facilitate Payment: Advancements in chatbot technology now make it possible to turn bots into virtual wallets that securely store customers’ credit card information. Consumers can then make payments simply by interacting with your chatbot.
- Differentiation: In this digital age where people expect brand availability 24 hours a day and seven days a week, it’s important to be accessible. Chatbots help fulfill this need and meet customer demand.
Chatbots are important for any modern digital strategy. Implementing bots the right way can make a huge difference not only in terms of increasing customer satisfaction but also in generating more sales. Try out any or all of the 10 suggestions above to ramp up your digital strategy!